DevOps Engineer (80%-100%, hybrid)
We believe that event-driven architectures will be an integral part of all IT systems in the future. We help companies to create value through event-driven ecosystems. We are a team of real-time data lovers, innovators, and pioneers, and we are looking for a new team member.
What we are and what we do:
- Streaming! A lot of it. Mainly with Kafka, but not only. We’re helping companies to move to an event-based world. Namely, ingesting, transforming, and analysing a lot infrastructures.
- Developing backend applications using Java with different frameworks like Spring Boot and Quarkus.
- Beautiful-looking frontends, mainly with Angular and Grafana.
- We develop projects in-house, but also directly at our customers’ place when needed.
- We’re based in Bern, very close to the train station.
- We value teamwork and open communication.
- We speak English in our company meetings.
- You will continuously learn new technologies and frameworks to implement suitable solutions.
- You will design, develop and test software components with a focus on event streaming, cloud technologies and microservices.
- You will work on the entire Software Development Life Cycle, including the definition and refinement of requirements, testing and deployment automation
- You will help our customers in their technical vision and inspire and enable them to find pragmatic solutions.
- You will see the entrepreneurial vision of SPOUD and align your doings accordingly.
- Have at least B1/B2 german skills
- Live in Switzerland (we do remote working but have regular company gatherings)
- You love working together with customers and take responsibility for your and your team's work.
- You are a doer, proactive, and can anticipate technical and organisational issues because you know.
- Strong in software design and architecture.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in software development and DevOps.
- Know-how in state-of-the-art development frameworks (i.e. Spring Boot, Quarkus, Micronaut, Vert.x)
- Comfortable with tools like Docker, Kubernetes, git, gradle/maven and agile methods
- You like to work in a startup environment, but feel comfortable also in the enterprise world.
- You are willing to become an expert for Kafka and event-streaming (with our support)
- Beneficial: You have experience with additional programming languages like Python, Typescript or Go and technologies like Kafka, Kafka Streams, Flink, Rx, RabbitMQ, Kubernetes, etc.
- Professional communication with the customer in writing and speech in German and English.
- Change! A place where you can make a difference, surrounded by people who value your action and support you on your path.
- A young, dynamic, and non-bureaucratic environment with much flexibility (Yes! We support home office and flexible working hours).
- Open salaries ranging from 80k to 130k per year
- And a few more things. We have a ping-pong table, we play table soccer, and we frequently do BBQs and drink beer together.
Interested? Send us your CV and cover letter!