Inbound Supply Chain Coordinator
As Picnic’s supply chain is growing, we face new logistical puzzles every day. We open new areas, develop our network of suppliers and partners, and find new ways to delight our customers. In this dynamic environment we continuously improve our processes to keep our supply chain running smoothly. Our team of Supply Chain Coordinators owns the inbound supply chain processes. Together you proactively spot issues and find pragmatic solutions to make our customers happy every day!
🥜 In a nutshell
You are the linking pin between the Commercial team and Operations. You work together with our suppliers to make sure our entire assortment is available to our customers in the most efficient way. When the Commercial team has new products to add to the assortment, you’ll work out the logistics . You run your own improvement projects, while you also have a constant eye on the daily operations. When challenges occur, you focus your energy where it matters. With data-driven analysis, you find root causes and you prevent similar issues from happening again.
You know what customers want and understand seasonal patterns and trends in demand. You translate commercial plans into concrete actions and ensure high product availability with our suppliers.. Do you play good cop? Or do you demand a quick fix? Knowing how to negotiate helps you get the best for Picnic’s customers.
Picnic is an evolving company and we run in-house systems. You'll have the opportunity to implement projects and find innovative efficiencies in our supply chain. From improving freshness, maintaining a low-waste cycle to identifying short and long term improvements, you are in charge to optimize Picnic’s operation.
🎯 What you’ll do
- Coordinate Picnic’s inbound supply chain, where you will focus on a specific part of the assortment;
- Maintain and monitor Picnic’s logistical relationship with our suppliers;
- Manage and adjust order and delivery schedules;
- Design, implement and run improvement projects;
- You’ll be working in Utrecht and Amsterdam, with regular visits to the Fulfilment Centers and suppliers across the country.
⭐ About you
- Starter with a Master’s degree
- 0-2 years experience within the supply chain field;
- Fluency in Dutch and full working proficiency in English;
- Data driven: you want to verify every claim with solid data;
- Persistence and enthusiasm: you turn ‘it’s not possible’ into ‘it’s on the way’;
- Creativity and pragmatism: you find original solutions for things that need to be fixed now;
- Responsibility and leadership: you can work independently and you have a confident personality;
- Composure: the ability to work under pressure and meet daily deadlines;
- Talent for planning: you see things coming and have already planned for it;
- Commercial awareness: you know what customers want and when;
- Superb communication: capacity to articulate problems and projects to all stakeholders.
📖 Picnic Perks
Every expert was once a beginner!
- You’ll get plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including a tailored soft skills programme at Lepaya. We also offer free professional weekly language courses.
Make a difference
- You’ll work in an awesome scale-up environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact.
- Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you’ll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
- With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you’ll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
You are what you eat
- You’ll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches and snacks (with plenty of vegetarian, vegan, and halal options). Coffee snob? Don’t worry, our amazing Picnic barista has you covered.
- Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials.
- There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
- We offer competitive compensation and a pension plan that looks out for your future self, as well as 25 vacation days per year, so you can recharge your batteries
- Our teams like working together at the office, the tasty lunch and Barista-made coffee adding to the excitement. Where possible, we like to enable people to work from home now and then.
Watch the video below to find out what it's like to work at our Amsterdam Office
Commitment to equal opportunities
Picnic is an equal opportunity employer—this means that all decisions regarding applications will be based on qualifications and merit. Applicants will be regarded independently of age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin color, civil status, religious beliefs, physical or mental disability, or any other factors protected by law.
At Picnic, we celebrate and value our differences and are committed to building a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone can be themselves.
Please be aware that fluency in Dutch is required for this role!