Operations Manager (Solar Tech - YCombinator)
Who we're looking for in 10 seconds:
1. Native/Bilingual Spanish speaker
2. Incredible organizational skills
3. 5+ years of high-performance operations management
Our Operations Manager will help coordinate Solar installs with our project managers, manage stock and logistics, and improve processes and unit economics with our installers. You should speak perfect Spanish and be willing to relocate to Barcelona if you're not there already.
Solar and Clean Energy are booming and entering the Spanish market with dizzying speed, supply chains are becoming more global and complex each year, and technological advances are transforming the Solar industry and its economics.
Since 2019, solar is now subsidized, surplus compensation is allowed and the infamous solar tax has been abolished. As electricity prices increased 5x in the last decade, for the first time in history, solar is now cheaper than fossil fuels. No more excuse for the world not to go green!
As Ops Manager, you’ll work directly with the founders and the Operations team on all of these challenges and more. One day, you might be meeting our external installing partners to negotiate pricing, another day might be focused on improving our project management processes or helping solve a customer case with your support team.
Our goal is to reach 100+ installations per month for each area and raise our next 10M$ round of fundraising.
You’ll have a chance to explore every area of operations:
1. Supply Chain & Procurement: From managing all our residential projects with your team to purchasing/storing materials. You should be a master at execution and organization.
2. Capital Excellence: How to best optimize our unit economics for each installation. You should love numbers and metrics. Solar is a numbers game.
3. Strategy: Your mindset should always be focused on providing the best experience to our users and installers. You'll help us build innovative processes and automation to help us scale to thousands of installations a month.
4. Service Operations: At SolarMente, we aim at providing an amazing experience to customers in an industry where NPS is usually low and reviews are mixed. It should be as great of an experience to buy a Tesla as it is to install SolarMente energy systems.
- You are extremely strong in building operation-processes
- You focus on metrics and clear solutions. No BS.
- You´ve created and led an operations team for 5+ years
- You are well at defining operational needs and putting improvements into practice
- You are highly organized and eager to share results
- You have good communication skills and you like to create synergies with people.
🏆 Bonus points
- You know what it's like to work in a startup and you love Agile environments.
- You know how to give and receive feedback.
🍍What do we offer?
- Full-time Contract
- Flexible work schedule and Friday intensive timetable (early off)
- Hybrid model remote work vs office
- Team activities and afterwork :)
- Gym agreement (at 450 different sports & locations in Barcelona)
- To work at a YCombinator company at the start of a Spanish Solar Revolution.
Solarmente is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.