Product Marketing Manager
Our mission is to empower eCommerce stores to unlock their full potential. Want to join?
Wayflyer is revolutionising the eCommerce space by levelling the playing field for eCommerce founders across the world. We provide MCAs (Merchant Cash Advances) to founders to allow them to pay for inventory & marketing for a low cost flat fee, which they repay to us through revenue-based financing. You'll be joining an ambitious and collaborative team that's working on a huge opportunity.
We use data to solve both of these challenges, empowering store owners with insights on how best to acquire customers online and providing them with short-term financing to scale and unlock their store's full potential.
Wayflyer is a fast-growing, venture-backed startup that solves a critical need for eCommerce founders - working capital.
Since launching in April 2020, we’ve deployed over $550m in funding across 8 countries to 1000+ eCommerce founders. In 2021 alone, the amount of funding we deployed to customers grew by 900%. We recently announced our Series B, raising $150m in funding at $1.6bn valuation; backed by world-leading VCs including Left Lane Capital and DST Global. There are 450+ of us globally, split between our offices in Atlanta, Dublin, London and Sydney.
About this role
As Product Marketing Manager, you'll be joining a high-performing team focused on growing Wayflyer. As the first hire in Product Marketing, you will be building the function from the ground up. We're an ambitious team and are looking for someone who is excited about building out this important function at Wayflyer.
What will I do?
- Own positioning and messaging. You will own how we position the product in market, define our value proposition and the language we use in marketing material, within the product, and in internal discussions.
- Develop a deep understanding of our market and customer. You will spend a lot of time talking to our customers, researching their problems and the market. You will be their voice within both the Marketing function as well as the broader organisation
- Support all product and geographical launches. This includes developing the go to market strategy, the positioning, as well as managing the creation of all collateral that will be used to position our products with customers - e.g., blog posts, explainer videos, 1 pagers, help articles etc.
- Partner with our product team. Be a close partner with our product, design, and engineering teams. You'll contribute to our product strategy, how we prioritise features and be a constant advocate for our customers. You will understand our funnel better than anyone and drive pricing and packaging decisions for new features and products.
- Enable our go-to-market teams. Support our sales and customer success team by identifying and delivering assets, programs and campaigns to accelerate our acquisition, including webinars and pre-recorded demos. Prepare and drive cases studies as sales enablement material as well as other collateral that can make our customer facing teams more efficient.
- Build seamless, on-brand journeys. Work with the the rest of the growth and product teams team to make sure user journeys across all channels and products are seamless, delightful and on-brand.
- Grow our product marketing function. You will be the leader of our product marketing function and will work to build the team, define ways of working and recruit future team members.
What skills do I need?
- You have a strong Product Marketing skillset, honed through time working at a high growth B2B business.
- You are deeply skilled at researching customers needs and positioning products to meet those needs.
- You know how to create a high converting user journey - you know what great creative, copy, landing pages and sign up pages look like and know how to create them.
- You care a lot about building and maintaining Wayflyer's brand and know how to work with Brand teams to deliver on shared objectives
- You're curious. Especially about user behaviour and psychology. You're always learning something new and testing out bold ideas
- You have the ability to work autonomously in an ambiguous environment, and to balance using data where available, and your initiative where it is not
- You have experience working with large sales teams, and a willingness to work within a sales-led growth organisation (vs product-led growth)
- You are happy to roll up your sleeves - this could mean writing copy, developing storyboards for a demo video or going and doing primary research yourself.
- You can build a top notch PMM function from the ground up with energy and a can-do attitude
- You've got great communications skills. You listen well and present your ideas and thinking clearly and confidently regardless of audience.
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills and have experience building strong relationships with other teams - specifically Sales and Product.
- 2022 is set to be our most ambitious year: entering multiple geographies and launching new game-changing products to further revolutionise eCommerce.
- You'll be contributing hugely to the company's ultimate growth and success.
- You'll be working with different disciplines and on a multitude of projects to bring your ideas through to fruition.
- You'll be defining the culture of Wayflyer. 'The early team you build is the company you build' - you'll leave a lasting impact.
Years of experience