Senior Software Engineer - Data Team (m/f/d)
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who wants to be a contributor in our mission to unify and enhance our data-driven culture. As part of our international team of dedicated professionals, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the evolution of our custom applications.
Team Data focuses on ingesting, processing, and delivering data through modern software development practices. We are committed to using Git, mandatory code reviews, managing all infrastructure as code, and testing changes on our sandbox environment before delivering reports to production.
We are passionate about developing applications that help stakeholders in the company generate insights using data.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Implementing new and extending existing in-house applications together with our other software developers.
- Contributing to the development of our data infrastructure towards an easy-to-use and open data platform on AWS.
- Propagating good software development principles and enjoys sharing and spreading their knowledge.
- Taking the lead when necessary and contributing to our team's growth.
Your ideal background and skillset
- Strong experience in building software and architecture
- Experience in writing applications in Python and knowledge of related tools
- Willingness to learn about data processing and business intelligence Our Tech-Stack:
- Languages: Python, SQL
- Python Libraries and tools: Pipenv, Pytest, FastAPI, Django, Pydantic, Pandas and Scikit
- Execution environment: Kubernetes
- Infrastructure and orchestration: Apache Airflow
- Databases: AWS Athena, PostgreSQL (for microservices)
- BI Tool: Looker
What you can expect from us:
- Employment contract with a competitive salary, attractive benefits including 30 days of vacation, and Medical Insurance extended package with full dentist and medicine reimbursements.
- Remote work opportunity, and to have a decent workspace at home we do have a once per year
Home Office Allowance paid out!.
- We offer a modern and employee orientated workspace and culture
- We know that smart people need freedom, an inspiring working environment and trust to thrive – we offer you that :
- No dress code, bureaucracy or political crap.
- Culture of diversity and creativity with smart people who take pride in what they do
- International environment – Bases in Warsaw, Berlin, Paris and Luxembourg colleagues from 30 nations.
- Office space in the heart of Warsaw
- Learning is highly encouraged and required – We offer you a training budget.
Recruitment process :
- First online interview
- Little homework task
- Technical panel interview
What We Believe
At FRIDAY, we embrace and celebrate diversity and inclusion, valuing the uniqueness of each employee providing equal opportunities for all applicants regardless of nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, or sexual orientation. Join us in revolutionizing insurance!
We encourage you to apply even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are all learners!