Supply Chain & Operations Traineeship - Fast Track to Leadership (September 2023)
At Picnic, we’re revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our innovative and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. If you’re a graduate passionate about supply chain, we’re offering you the opportunity to join the diverse team at our Fulfilment Centers and make a real difference in our scale-up environment.
🥜 In a nutshell
Picnic is growing fast! We’re now operating in the Netherlands, Germany and France and who knows which countries will be next. Do you want to build the future of logistics with us, boost your career, get a lot of freedom, responsibility and international experience? Then apply to Picnic’s traineeship: Fast Track to Leadership in Supply Chain & Operations, starting in September 2023.
During this leadership program, you’ll dive into all operational aspects of Picnic, we’ll coach you to become a true leader in one of our Fulfilment Centers where you can supervise 100+ people on one single day and over time you will get more and more project responsibility to increase the overall efficiency in our FC’s. You can take complete ownership over those projects, but don’t worry, it’s OK to make mistakes!
Not convinced yet? You will develop your soft skills in training sessions and on the job learning, on topics such as: providing constructive feedback, getting to know your own leadership style, and managing projects from A to Z. Next to that you will improve your hard skills by the use of our tech and analytical tools.
🎯 What you’ll do
You start the program strong with an extensive onboarding of one month, together with your fellow trainees. During this onboarding you get workshops from many different teams at Picnic, and you’ll work on real continuous improvement cases with your trainee group. You’ll get to visit multiple Picnic locations, so you build a network within Picnic and grow an understanding of our full supply chain.
Once you’ve completed the onboarding, you move to one Fulfilment Center (FC), Distribution Center (DC) or Automated Fulfilment Center (FCA) , this will be your base for the rest of the year. Here you work your way through all roles in the FC to gain full understanding of the Fulfilment process. At the same time, you are coached by experienced team members and mentors, and you attend classes and workshops all focusing on leadership skills. After two months, you’ll be in charge of the entire process in your FC a few times a week during supervisor shifts, which requires a strong sense of responsibility.
On top of that, you will become the team lead of a team in your FC and get an introduction on how to deliver feedback, recruit, and interview our (new) employees. You will definitely improve your people skills this year!
After six months you will use your insights from the floor to work on improvement projects within your FC that aim to increase productivity and eliminate bottlenecks within our processes. You are always in control of your own development, so together with your team lead we build your personalized program.
After you’ve mastered the skill of leading an FC and looked at improvements within your FC, it’s time to focus on improving the entire supply chain and getting some international experience!
You will get the opportunity to work at one of our FC’s abroad (for example Paris, Berlin or Hamburg) . With the experience gained in the first year, you will surely be able to bring insightful knowledge to this FC. It is definitely a two-way street, as you will definitely also learn a thing or two from your colleagues abroad.
Besides your international adventure, you will start to work on bigger projects. These projects can focus on any area within our supply chain - from optimizing our purchasing orders to supporting the opening of a new (automated) FC or DC. You can use your inside knowledge and data-driven project management skills to bring Picnic’s supply chain to the next level.
What happens when you finish the Fast Track? You will be an experienced Operations Manager or you could explore other (supply chain) options within Picnic!
⭐ About you
- Master’s degree graduate, preferably in Logistics, Supply Chain, Management or (industrial) Engineering
- 0 - 2 years of work experience
- Leadership experience (e.g. board year, committee, voluntary projects)
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in German, Dutch or French for bonus points
- Analytical eye: You quickly grasp numerical information
- Excited to get started with a very hands-on job in operations; you are not afraid to get your hands dirty!
- Drive: with a get-up-and-go attitude, you can be ready at 6:00 A.M. whenever you have an early supervisor shift
- Looking for an innovative company where you can make an impact and grow with the company
- EU work permit
📖 Picnic Perks
You receive a competitive compensation package, including:
- 25 vacation days per year to recharge your batteries
- The option to lease a car
- Breakfast and lunch (or dinner at the FC) as well as delicious snacks and drinks available at all Picnic locations
- A flexible company pension plan called “Doenpensioen” at a.s.r.
- Picnic laptop and smartphone
- An awesome start-up atmosphere with the freedom to drive your own projects and the opportunity to have an impact!
- The chance to work in an international environment with motivated team members & legendary company events
- Many internal learning and development possibilities as well as professional soft skill & leadership trainings at a specialised external party
- Official start of the Fast Track program: September 2023
- Early bird application deadline: Sunday, May 14th, 2023
- Early bird selection day will take place between the 29th of May and 2nd of June (most likely on Wednesday 31st of May or Thursday June 1st)
- Regular application deadline: Sunday, June 11th, 2023
- The selection days will take place between the 26th and 30th of June (most likely on Wednesday 28th and Thursday 29th)
The application process
- Apply with your resume (CV) and your video pitch
- Online assessment and video pitch (if you hadn't sent it yet)
- Virtual interview
- Selection Day