Team Lead Engineer (f/m/d) - Berlin/hybrid or relocation
Our vision is to provide small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with effortless access to the best financing solutions. For this purpose, FinCompare connects SMEs, financial institutions and financing advisors digitally and personally on its unique market platform in order to achieve the best possible financing result in each case. Join us on our journey to become Germany's largest financing platform for SMEs.
Software Engineering is at the heart of FinCompare’s business. We are looking to extend our remote and onsite team with driven individuals who find pleasure in delivering great solutions that lead our customers to success. We want you to help us make impactful choices in an agile environment so that we stay ahead of the curve with innovative and effective products.
Our mission: Develop outstanding software, faster.
Team Lead Engineer (f/m/d)
As Team Lead Engineer at FinCompare you are the connector of business and technology with a pragmatic approach. In tight collaboration with other leaders, engineers, and stake-holders, you focus on developing our technical capabilities that achieve great feature development, productivity, system-health and team health primarily.
Your Key Responsibilities
- You are a line manager and a role model of servant leadership implementing autonomy and self-organisation within cross-functional teams
- You are an advocate for observability, monitoring and alerting
- You foster a strong and engaging engineering culture as a role model within the tech department
- You create a bridge between business and technology by implementing DDD
- You ensure taking a pragmatic approach to prioritisations always remembering our technical debt
- You measure what matters and your decisions are data-driven
- By pairing with the product manager and involving the whole cross-functional team you shape quarterly OKRs
- You navigate your team architecture decisions towards our target architecture and have experience in distributed service architecture
- You collaborate in cross-team initiatives by aligning our efforts for best-in-class technical solutions, pointing us towards our tech strategy
- You improve the hiring, training and general empowerment of engineers and similar technical specialists in their respective functions
- You drive our talent density with an eye on individual performance conducting feedback and development talks in an ongoing fashion
- You confidently own and shape the technology and processes befitting a modern tech organisation
- You personally take charge of especially hard blockers, high-level technical initiatives and software-design-related challenges
- You nurture an effective DevOps Culture including “You build it, You run it” together with SREs
- You ensure effective information flow between engineering and our strategic decision-makers
- You address the technical and architectural challenges that impact the quality of our product and speed of delivery
- You have 3+ years of technical leadership experience
- You have worked as a software engineer polyglot with Python and Golang, each at least 4+ years (frontend with React is a plus)
- You have DevOps experience with GitHub, AWS, CI/CD, Docker (Kubernetes is a plus)
- You have experience in leading cross-functional teams with at least 5 engineers
- You have experience working with OKRs, being directly responsible for team performance and deliverables of quarterly goals
- You know how to make data-driven decisions
- You have experience working and decoupling monoliths (familiarity with Django framework is a plus)
- You have very good self-management skills
- You are known as someone who gives great insightful and actionable feedback
- You enjoy pair programming and mentoring
- You have experience with various software architectures and legacy software
- You enjoy planning, teaching, and bringing people together in a hybrid environment
- You have an “eye for talent”
- As a servant leader who enjoys leading from the front, you are always there when engineers need a helping hand
- You seek to handle stressful situations and unknown challenges with both, people and tech
- Be familiar with Domain-Driven Design (DDD)
- 4 cross-functional teams
- 1 Python monolith wrote in Django & 14 Golang services
- TypeScript React frontend
- REST, gRPC
- Terraform and diverse AWS services (EC2, EKS, ELB, RDS, S3, ElasticSearch, ElastiCache, SNS/SQS, Route53, Secrets Manager)
- Prometheus, Grafana, OpenTelemetry via Jaeger, Sentry.io
- Containerized software that runs over k8s (EKS) via ArgoCD, different cluster environments, including flexible cloud-dev environments
- GitHub based CI and Trunk based development
- Unit-Tests, Selenium WebDriver, and integration/API tests (Gherkin-based)
- Github, Slack, Atlassian Jira, and Confluence
- The unique opportunity to build the largest corporate finance platform with us.
- An attractive salary package with a performance-related component
- Trust-based working hours, the possibility of workation and 30 days of vacation
- Supported pension plan, employee discounts, team events, etc.
- Modern working at home and/or in our Berlin office and the technical equipment you choose
- A highly motivated and multinational team that values cooperation and open communication
Diversity & Inclusion
At FinCompare, we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace drives innovation, creativity, and success. As such, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply and intend to consider all applications equally regardless of sex, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.